Saturday, November 6, 2010

Better Than A Thousand Words?

It's been awhile since I posted anything. I've written, sure; but nothing that felt worthy of publishing. There's so much going on that it's been difficult to step back and reflect on all of the changes.

So in an effort to get back with the program, I thought I'd share a little update. 20 Questions, what's different? Or if you prefer, what's not different?

Yes, I am looking a little white trashy. Give me a break though. It's November and it's warm enough to wear cropped pants and a tank top.

No, this is not my new house. While I did buy a house in Ridgway this summer, this is Stephen's place in Mancos (about two hours away). He's been working on this place since long before I joined Team Barnes. With new siding and windows, this place looks better each weekend - and it's warmer inside, too!

Yes, that is Kilz primer I'm using. I do not know what it's made of, but I am aware it is toxic. That's why I'm outside. However, it still smells better than whatever crap the neighbors are currently burning in their backyard. Not that you can smell it, you'll have to trust me. Ridgway and Mancos are similar small towns in southwestern Colorado, but I'm pretty sure you'd be drawn and quartered in my hood for torching your yard like that.

But I digress.

No, I haven't been eating donuts lately. That's a baby growin' in there! Stephen and I are super excited and the whole process is magical. I am a believer in listening to your body and trusting your intuition; but this experience takes it a huge step further. It's an awesome life lesson in letting go of control and allowing your path to lay itself at your feet. Okay, enough deep thoughts... all I'm really sayin' is it's pretty freaking cool.

Couple of answers to your potential questions:

- We're all healthy. I've never paid this much attention to my diet before, I'm saving tons of money on alcohol, and I'm choosing to be amused by the dramatic changes in my body rather than getting unhinged by the additional pounds and curves.

- We don't know the baby's sex yet and we definitely don't have any names picked out.

- We are due in late March. I doubt I'm gonna send Mighty Aphrodite this year and I'm not sure I'll ski the steeps; but it doesn't feel like a sacrifice. At all.

I'm sure there's more to say, but I've got several more months to blab on about choosing this new path and the wonders of pregnancy.

Peace!





1 comment:

  1. Funny, I just came on your blog to yesterday to check in on you and see how the pregnancy was going and was hoping to catch some prgo pictures. Glad to hear all is well! I'm thinking about you and so happy for you!
    much love,
    megan

    ReplyDelete